Ageing is a natural process, but the desire to look young is universal. There are several components to ageing. Probably the biggest component of ageing that patients seek redressal for is excess skin. Skin tightening procedure which includes (but not limited to) bodytite procedure and facetite procedure is a cosmetic approach to achieve this.
What is the cause for excess skin?
There are several factors leading to excess skin
- Loss of skin elasticity with age
- Loss of volume in the cheeks etc, which makes the overlying skin sag
- Effect of gravity over time
- Excess muscle movement
- Effect of pregnancy causing excess skin in the abdomen
- After severe weight loss due to exercise, illness etc.
- After large volume liposuction
Where all is excess skin seen?
Extra skin manifests itself in all parts of the body
- Eyelids- causing hooding, tired-looking eyes
- Face- causing jowling, sagging lower face
- Neck- causing folds
- Breasts- causing sagging
- Arms- causing ‘bat arms’
- Tummy- especially after childbirth
- Thighs- especially in inner thighs
The extra skin in these areas can be removed using the procedures such as Fractora, Forma, Contoura, and other inmode procedures.
What are the treatment options for skin tightening?
Treatment options for treating excess skin usually fell into two categories
- Non-Surgical- These were energy-based treatments such as lasers, external radiofrequency, etc. The procedure involves using an external applicator to deliver energy to the skin which can cause it to contract.
- Their advantage is that they are simple, outpatient procedures with minimal downtime.
- Their disadvantage is that often the results they procedure are unimpressive and short-lasting.
- They are best for early signs of ageing and minimal skin excess
- Surgical- These procedures involve physically removing the extra skin and suturing. Examples include blepharoplasty, facelift, arm lift, tummy tuck, etc.
- Their advantage is that they can produce excellent dramatic results that last a long time.
- Their disadvantage is the fact that they involve surgery which is often inpatient with downtime that can last from days to weeks, and left behind some scars.
- They are best for advanced aging and skin excess.
Hence none of the treatment options available thus far are able to satisfy all the desirable criteria of being simple, with minimal downtime, and produce long-lasting impressive results. Also, there exists a group of people with moderate skin excess for whom the nonsurgical treatments don’t work well, but for whom surgical treatments may be excessive.
And this brings us to the Inmode EmbraceRf platform.
What is the Inmode EmbraceRf platform?
Inmode Embrace RF Treatment procedure
The platform delivers energy through a unique two-pronged applicator which has an internal needle and an external probe.
The needle is passed just below the skin and passes radiofrequency energy to the undersurface of the skin. The probe lies on the outside of the skin and passes radiofrequency energy to the outside of the skin. In this manner, energy is passed to both the inside and the outside of the skin which causes skin contraction, removing excess skin.
In what all areas can this platform be used?
The inmode machine has several applicators which can be used in different parts of the body
- Accutite- which can be used for the eyelids and other small areas
- Facetite- which can be used over the face. The inmode facetite includes forma, Morpheus8, lumecca, fractora for different parts of the face.
- Necktite- which can be used for the neck, arms
- Bodytite- which can be used for chest, tummy, thighs, arms, and breast.
How is the procedure done?
It is done as a daycare procedure under local anesthesia.
The process takes around an hour. There are no incisions, scars, or sutures. The patient goes home immediately.
Are there any side effects?
The platform is very safe as it has inbuilt temperature cutoffs which shut down the machine once the target temperature is reached.
The facetite or bodytite side effects involve, bruising, swelling, or redness that can last for a few days.
Is there any pain?
Once local anesthesia is administered, there is no pain.
Can this be done with liposuction?
Yes, bodytite can be done after liposuction of the chest, tummy to manage extra skin. This can be done during the liposuction itself or as a secondary procedure later.
BodyTite Liposuction uses radio-frequency energy to tighten the skin during the procedure. Traditional liposuction does not have any skin tightening benefits. Thus often resulting in sagging skin after the treatment.
How is this procedure different from non surgical procedures?
There are two main ways the inmode skin tightening procedure is superior to traditional energy-based.
- As it uses an internal and an external applicator to generate heat, it gives superior results
- As it has multiple attachments, it can be used on all areas of the body. Including areas such as the eyelids where traditional devices could not be used.
How is this procedure different from surgical procedures?
- It is done under local anesthesia as a daycare procedure
- It has a shorter downtime
- It does not give any scars
- It is less risky in individuals with comorbidities
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
Any patient with eyebags, jowls, neck folds, flabby arms, chest, tummy. Patients with severe versions of these conditions may be better candidates for surgical procedures. Inmode embraceRf works best in mild and moderate conditions.
To know more about this treatment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/ message +91-7022101689.