Dr. Jayashree Venkataram, MBBS, DGO.MRCOG.FRCOG.(Lond)
Cosmetic Gynaecologist and Liposuction Surgeon.
Tel: +91 96118 42627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jayashree Venkataram MBBS.DGO. MRCOG. FRCOG A Fellow of Royal College, London and American Academy of cosmetic surgery, she underwent training in Tumescent liposuction under Dr Jeffrey Klein, Father of Tumescent Liposuction, California in 2005 and with Dr. Marco Pelosi, USA in 2010.She is a director at Venkat Centre for advanced dermatology, Bangalore, where she practices Cosmetic Gynaecology; liposuction surgery, laser lipolysis and feminine rejuvenation.
She has been honored as a founder member of Field Fournier Liposuction group in DASIL. She is a pioneer in cosmetogynaecology in India and has presented papers on liposuction in conferences in Dubai, Argentina, IMCAS, world congress of liposuction at Washington, European Academy of Dermatology, Gothenberg, World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology, Cancun, Bangalore , DASIL Congresses South Africa, Malta , Vietnam , and Dubai, RECOGYN Delhi, Tehran in addition to various national congresses.
She has undergone training in laser feminine rejuvenation in Slovenia. She has also written chapters in four books and published papers on the subject, which are shown below. She is one of the very few women liposuction surgeons and has performed nearly 1000 liposuctions, with particular expertise in gynaecomastia. She uses power assisted liposuction and also performs laser lipolysis.
She is one of the first gynaecologists to start feminine rejuvenation and received Laser training at the Laser and Health Academy(LAHA), Slovenia. She uses Erbium YAG laser for feminine rejuvenation.
Conferences and Presentations:
- RECOGYN New Delhi: a) Powered Liposuction b) Complications in Liposuction
- INt Academy Of Cosmetic Surgery Congress Goa Aug 2017: Liposuction in Women
- Laser lipolysis Laser Health Academy Slovenia May 2017
- World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology: May 2017 Bangalore: a) Powered and laser liposuction b) Feminine rejuvenation-a gynaecologists perspective
- DASIL congress Dubai October 2016: a) Liposuction in difficult areas b) Liposuction in women c) Faculty in liposuction workshop
- International Laser meeting Bled Slovenia- Laser lipolysis
- International Dermatology Congress Tehran May 2016 Evolution of liposuction
- Dubai Derma Liposuction – manual, powered and laser
- DASIL congress Vietnam Nov 2015 M: a) Faculty in liposuction workshop b)manual vs powered liposuction c) Gynaecomastia
- DASIL Congress South Africa Sep 2014 a) Faculty in liposuction workshop b) Powered liposuction c) Complications of liposuction
- DASIL congress Malta 31 October-4November 2012 Powered liposuction
- World Congress of cosmetic dermatology Cancun, Mexico 31 Jan -4 Feb 2012 a) Powered liposuction, b) Liposuction in Gynaecomastia
- World Congress of liposuction, Washington Oct 2010 Liposuction in Gynaecomastia,
- Tumescent liposuction; Meeting of ESCAD at EADV meeting Gothenberg 4 Oct 2010.
- IMCAS Asia at Bangkok July 2007. Faculty Liposuction-experience in India
- World Congress of dermatology Buenos Aires, Oct 2007 Liposuction-Indian experience
- Presented two papers at World Congress of liposuction organized by American Academy of cosmetic surgery, Dubai Oct 2007 a) Liposuction in gynaecomastia and b) Liposuction-experience in India.
- ASCICON; Conference of Cutananeus Surgeons, India Wynad Apr 2014 Evolution of liposuction
- RCOG congress Hyderabad March 2013 Liposuction in women; also chaired a session
- ASCICON; Conference of Cutaneous Surgeons, India Bangalore 2013 Apr Liposuction –experience in India
- ASCICON; Conference of Cutananeus Surgeons, India Kaziranga Nov 2011 Liposuction in Gynaecomastia
- ASCICON; Conference of Cutananeus Surgeons, india Aurangabad Oct 2010 Liposuction in Gynaecomastia
- Dermacon, National conference of Indian association of dermatologists, Hyderabad Jan 2006 Liposuction in India:
- Dermacon Jan 2009 Bangalore Tumescent liposuction
- ASCICON Aurangabad 2010 November Gynaecomastia –management by liposuction
- Chapters in ACSI Textbook of cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery 2nd edition 2017 Jaypee publishers: a) Tumescent anesthesia b) Powered and laser lipolysis c) Complications of liposuction
- Chapter on liposuction and fat transfer in the IADVL textbook of Dermatology 2015 Bhalani Pub
- Chapters on a) Hair transplantation in women b) Immediate postoperative care in hair transplantation in hair transplantation book Jaypee pub
- Liposuction and the cutaneous surgeon.Venkataram J, Mysore V.J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2013 Jul;6(3):129-31
- Chapter on tumescent liposuction in The Textbook of cutaneus and Aesthetic surgery by Association of cutaneus Surgeons Jaypee Publishers New Delhi Apr 2012
- Tumescent liposuction: a review.Venkataram J.J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2008 Jul;1(2):49-57
- Ethnic and cultural factors in liposuction scars. J Drugs and treatment Jan 2007 (in association with Dr Lawrence Fields)
- Microcannular tumescent liposuction-a review Indian Journal of Dermatology and Venerealogy Nov 2007:73;377-384
- Contributed to preparation of standard guidelines of care in dermatosurgical procedures, Indian association of dermatologists, venereologists, Leprologists
- Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2008 Jan;74 Suppl: S54-60.Tumescent liposuction: standard guidelines of care.
- Microcannular tumescent liposuction.Jayashree V, Mysore V.Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2007 Nov-Dec;73(6):377-83.
- Contributed chapter Tumscent Liposuction in “Dermatosurgery-step by step approach by Dr VN Sehgal 2006 Jaypee publishers New Delhi; reprint 2008
- “Aging skin”- in Kannada and English; public education booklet by Bangalore dermatological society
- 1999; MRCOG (Lond) Royal college UK
- 1986-88; DGO.Diploma, Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Govt Medical College, Mysore, University of Mysore, India
- 1984-85; Compulsory Rotatory Internship. K.R.Combined hospital, Mysore.
- 1979-84; M.B.B.S; JJM Medical College, Davanagere, University of Mysore Karnataka.India.
Date and place of Birth: 07-01-61 Mysore, India
Experience: 20 years of teaching and clinical practice
Qualifications: MRCOG (London, UK), DGO( Mysore, India), MBBS (Mysore, India)
Registration and License: the Medical Council of India 1985. number 23973
Countries of work: India, Oman, and Bahrain
Countries of training: India, UK, USA
Underwent training with Dr Jeffrey Klein, California, and USA in 2004 in tumescent liposuction.
1.UNIVERSITY OF WALES, MEDICAL COLLEGE, CARDIFF, UK. OCT-NOV 99. Clinical attachment with Mr Nazar Amso, in the Assisted Reproductive Unit.
2.UNIVERSITY OF WALES, MEDICAL COLLEGE, CARDIFF, UK. APR-MAY 99. Clinical attachment
3.CME courses (OCT-NOV 99) in obstetrics and Gynaecology at Cardiff, Newport, and St.Thomas’s hospital, London.
4.CME courses (Apr 99) University of Wales, medical college, Cardiff, UK.
5.CME courses (Jan 99); Queen Charlotte and Chelsea Hospital, London.
6.Gynaecological endoscopy course, Sep 97 Muscat.
7.Urodynamic studies Course -Mar 96. Muscat
8.Continuing medical education programme at Harward medical school.Oct 95. Muscat
- Senior Registrar Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Salmaniya Medical complex, Bahrain.2001-2003
- Senior Registrar, BDF Hospital 1999-2001
- Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Ministry of Health, Muscat Sultanate of Oman (1991-1998)
- Clinical tutor, JSS medical college Mysore, India; 1988-91.
- Consultant Ramakrishna Hosptial, Mysore, India1992-93.
- Member, liposuctioninfo.com
- Member, Royal college of Obstetrecians and Gynaecologists, UK
- Member, Federation of Obstetrecians and Gynaecologists of India.